Highside Chemicals introduces the newest chemical tool for easily identifying refrigeration and air conditioning lubricants in just seconds! In two quick steps, you can identify:
- Mineral Oil
- Polyol Ester
Oil Checker® saves time and money by eliminating the need for refractometer or expensive laboratory test
Oil Checker® avoids the costly mistake of mixing POE and mineral refrigerant oils
Oil Checker® is easy to use ... get results within seconds
Oil Checker® should be used to check the type of oil in a system before adding additional oil
Oil Checker® can be used with all types of refrigeration oils
- Remove the White Cap from Vial #1.
- Partially fill Vial #1 (White Cap) with equal amount of Test Oil. (5cc or approximately 180 drops) to 1/4 inch below Vial Neck.
- Replace White Cap and Tighten Securely.
- Shake contents for 2 to 5 seconds. If solution is clear the test oil is Polyol Ester. GO NO FURTHER. The test is complete.
- If solution is cloudy in Vial #1 (White Cap), remove the cap (Black Cap) from Vial 2.
- Partially fill Vial (Black Cap) with equal amount of test oil (5cc or approximately 180 drops) to 1/4 inch below Vial neck.
- Replace Black Cap and Tighten Securely.
- Shake contents for 2 to 5 seconds. If the solution is clear the test oil is Alkylbenzene. If the solution is cloudy, the test oil is Mineral Oil.
Vial #1 (White Cap)
Test CLEAR = Polyol Ester
Test CLOUDY = Mineral Oil or Alkylbenzene
Vial #2 (Black Cap)
Test CLEAR = Alkylbenzene
Test CLOUDY = Mineral Oil